Adopting a Golden
How do I adopt a golden?
If you Want to adopt a golden retriever and live outside of Southern Maryland go to
Golden Retriever Club of America and click on rescue to find the golden rescue group nearest you.
Please review our General Brochure
and Adoption Guide
to learn more about the rescue and it's policies.
To adopt from the Golden Retriever Rescue of Southern
- Complete and return an application
MS Word 2003,
MS Word 2007 , or
; (FYI OpenOffice is free and can import all 3 formats). Email to Adoption Coordinator
or regular mail to Golden Retriever Rescue of Southern
Maryland, PO Box 6, Great Mills, MD 20634.
- We'll give you an adoption booklet to help you learn about
responsible dog ownership and finding the right dog for your family.
- Home visit - A volunteer from golden rescue comes to your
home to provide information about golden retrievers and help you decide
what type, or even if, a golden retriever is right for you.
- Once approved to adopt, you are matched with a golden that
is likely fit nicely with your family.
- A volunteer from golden rescue follows up with you to make
sure things are working out.
- You sign an agreement to provide loving care to your new
We want to make sure your golden is a happy member of your family.
- If, for whatever reason, you cannot keep a dog adopted from
golden rescue, the dog must be returned to the rescue (not given to a
friend or taken to a shelter).
- Dogs MUST be house dogs. They may not be chained or penned
away from the family.
If you have questions about the adoption process email the Adoption Coordinator or call 855-GRRescu (855-477-3728)